Kyra Prays: Notes on Champions Centre's "Forces that form your future" message 1/2/2011

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Notes on Champions Centre's "Forces that form your future" message 1/2/2011

I posted on Facebook and Twitter that I would be listening to the live stream broadcast of the Champion Centre today because I missed church. I asked people to watch with me if they wanted to. If anyone did, or didn't, I'm posting the notes that I took on the message. It's an amazing message and I'll be watching again next week and encourage everyone else to as well!


----------------------------------------------
January 2, 2011- Champions Centre
Title of series : Forces that form your future


Jeremiah 29:11-14 (opening video for service)
*missing title of first song, but it was a Hillsong United song*
Chris Tomlin - Everlasting God


Life isn't somethin that happens *to* you.
Life is something that happens *through* you.


We use information as a novelty instead of mastering it as life-changing information. We google search, find out what we need to know, and move on. Instead we should take the things that could change our lives, and commit it to our memory and use it to better our lives. If you commit that to memory it can change your life. It becomes second-nature, you can do it in your sleep instead of having to consciously think about it each time.


Galations 4:8-9, 18-19
The forces that shaped your life until now, and the forces that can shape your future. Becoming a Christian, being Christ-like, isn't born in a moment. It's developed. Christ-likeness is formed and developed. Day by day, habit by habit, word by word, thought by thought. Hopefully you're more Christ-like today than you were 5 years ago, and 5 years from now you'll be more so than you are today.


1. God has a great plan for our lives.
~ Jeremiah 29:11 "'I know the plan I have for you,' declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
~ Is this your reality? Do you feel hope for your future? Or do you feel hopelessness?
~ Story about man going to banquet, was happy to get an invitation. When he arrived there was a sword suspended from a thing string hanging over his head. He was worried it would fall on him. The man feared the future so much that he wasn't able to enjoy the presence.
~ I'm here! Apprehention, negative forcasts, speculation about the future, things we see in the headlines or hear about on the news...we decide right now to not allow the "what if this happens" kind of stuff to rob us of the joy of being at the banquet table of life. I believe it and I receive it, God has a plan for me to prosper. I'm going to reject every other idea and fear that comes my way. He has good things in mind for me, my life, and my future.


2. If we are going to live the will of God, we have to partner with God everyday.
~ Deuteronomy 29:29
~ Secret things are the things that are unexpected. The circumstances you don't plan for. The unplanned things of our lives. The "lightening bolts" of life.
~ Revealed things are things in books, things you can hear being taught, an experience you've gained. Things you have gained knowledge and experience in,
~ Imagine God saying "I'll handle this" about the "secret things". You ask God why it's happening, and God doesn't respond. "What did I do wrong?" and he says, "Don't worry. Trust me. This is not for you. Give it up. Let it GO." No God TELL ME, "No." Why? "Because I said so." Because it's a secret thing.
~ Now imagine things that are revealed things. Things that could have been different. Imagine God pushing those things across the table to you. What do you mean, what am I supposed to do? God will you put some money in my bank? God why not bless me? and God says, "I gave you a brain, I brought information and education your directions. I gave you hands. What're you doing on the couch?" God, do something! "You do something."
~ We're not helpless, we are NOT powerless.
~ This is your life, live it.
~ What we often do is someone asks us a legitimate question like "what is your plan for 2011?" I don't know...whatever God wants. The monkey's not on MY back, it's whatever God wants. What are you doing to make a difference, to be a salt and light of the Earth? What are you doing to make your life matter? Umm...waiting on the Lord. You act powerless.
~ I am not powerless. My monkey. The monkey should be on your own back. Accept that monkey (haha!!)
~ Become accountable for your life, become accountable to people in your life.
(personal note: Find an accountability partner, or three.)
~ No more blaming.


3. The nature and quality of my life comes within me.
~ Proverbs 4:23
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."
~ Matthew 12:35
"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him..."
~ Get better things in your heart to have a better life.
~ Your future is not in a horoscope or the stars. The future is in your HEART. You determine your future by the content of your HEART. It comes from the nature and quality of our life.
~ Philippians 2:13
"It is god who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."
~ Maybe you had a fight with your husband and went off on him and you walked away and God said..."How's that working for you. Is that getting you where you want to go? You've learned differently from that." You have to drop the attitude, it's not going to work for you.
~ This message creates ownership. But it's the truth, and the truth shall set you free. (quote from pastor)
~ He works IN you. In the moments of quietness. While you're driving down the road. While you're walking around after you said something you regret. Don't be one of those people looking for someone to pray for you and over you, he works IN you. Why does he work in you? To will and act according to his good purpose. He's moving and directing you.
~ God why am I here again, it's the 34th time? Same spot, 34 other times. What are you going to do about it God? You gotta do something God. "All 34 times I spoke to you and said it's time to make a change and here we are again. It's not because I want you here, it's because you chose to continue to think like you've been thinking and talk like you've been talking...doing what you've been doing. I've talked to you and said get up there's another way. A higher way. Embrace it, receive it. It's my way and my will and all 34 times you said you would just be different...NEXT TIME."
~ One ship sails east and another west. While the same breezes blow. It's the set of the sail and not the wind that determines where it will go. So it is with our lives. It's the set of the sail of our hearts that determines where we will go. No matter how the wind blows, if you get this if you embrace this you will stay the course! No matter what wind blows in your life! You will stay on course with god's will and good plan. You'll go from victory to victory. No weapon will prosper!! The quality and nature of the life doesn't depend on the wind and where it blows, but from within yourself.


NEXT WEEK: The 9 forces.
Ask yourself, "How different would my life be..."
if my seeds were sown different?
if my beliefs had been different?
if my relationships had been different?
if my habits had been different?
if my dreams had been different?
if my thoughts had been different?
if my feelings had been different?
if my personal values had been different?
if my words had been different?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the sermon notes. I especially love Jeremiah 29:11. I see your going into youth ministry. I've served in that capacity for about 17 years now. God Bless and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bryan! You're my first actual blog comment (I get some stuff on FB, but not here) so I'm excited!!! I'm trying to get into youth ministry, but I haven't quite decided the right path to go with it. I wanted to go to seminary, but none of the more local ones want anything to do with me due to tattoos and piercings and I can't leave the state because of things with my children. Right now I'm just following the lead of the youth minister at my church and trying to learn as I go lol. How did you get into ministry?

    And thank you and happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete