Kyra Prays: So much going on!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

So much going on!

Wow everyone, so I'm extremely sorry about not updating more but things have been kind of crazy. I'm going to try and go over everything happening in my life, though not going into ALL of it...yet :).

First things first, the snow has been off and on so the "off" time has given me a chance to spend more time with the Faithbridge youth at my church. I found out I have common friends with a couple of them and I am getting along great with all of them from what I can tell. I finally was able to make it to a Sunday youth meeting last week, and it was great. We chatted over lasagna and then worked on Kyle's series about "working out." Had some great acoustic worship and I just see God wanting to do amazing things in the lives of these kids.

PJ and I have also joined a blended families small group through Faithbridge. It's hard being that kind of family, with me having children from a previous marriage. We missed the first meeting due to other circumstances, but today is the second meeting and so I can't wait to try and dig a car out of the snow and head over :). We're reading a book about step-families. It's going to be nice to be around people who can understand your situation. I've been in churches where if you were divorced, no matter what the reason (physical or emotional abuse, adultery, etc) you were treated like the scum of the earth. So glad my church is amazing and doesn't treat people that way!! Living as a blended family has it's own unique challenges and I'm happy to see a group addressing those challenges with full force.

PJ and I are also taking the Connecting with Faithbridge class, which is a 6 week class. It ends with us being able to decide to become official members. Well of course we already planned on doing that, so this is just a chance for fellowship and to learn more about our church. It's great seeing the different walks of life that people are coming from and being led to this church. I love it!!

Whew so last thing, on the job front. My friend had me turn in an application yesterday to work full-time at his convenience store. Not the most cushy job in the world, but when you need work you take what you can get! He hasn't called me yet about what hours I'll be having, so I'm still waiting on that. If by some chance he doesn't call...which would be odd...I have other options right now. I have an application in at a factory in Mountain City and that seems promising even though they won't be calling me back for at least another week or so according to the woman I spoke to.

The job I am really praying over, and everyone pray for me about it, is the job I applied for at Samaritan's Purse. It's basically similar to secretarial work and I want this job really bad. It could open doors for me to work more with Christian based services and better job positions.

Well everyone that's it for now, hope everyone is doing well :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I tried texting you yesterday.. I don't know if you got it or not. Just wanted to see how you were doing. Get back with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun, I got your text and accidentally deleted it because I had deleted all of my texts since my phone said it was out of storage space. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been feeling really sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well Kyra! I hope everything is getting better for you. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete