Kyra Prays: Pastor Chris from The Rock Church (Asheville)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pastor Chris from The Rock Church (Asheville)

I spent my New Years morning watching some sermons online. I'll post about some of them later, but I wanted to share the ones I especially loved. As I've said in past posts, I used to go to a church in Asheville called The Rock. It's an amazing church and I miss going there. The youth pastor there is named Chris Stapleton, but to us he was Pastopher. I'm not saying I don't like the head pastor at The Rock, because I do...pastor Kirk Bowman is a great man and I really have enjoyed his sermons. But I've always been extra partial to Pastopher's because of his ability to seamlessly mix comedy into his message. He would make an extremely good comedian, there have been times I laughed myself to tears listening to his message...all while getting some great information and feeling the passion for God.

Today I watched a few of his messages that I could find on YouTube, so I wanted to share them with everyone. Not all of them are religious messages, but they're all amazing anyways. I encourage anyone to check them out, even if you don't usually enjoy listening/watching sermons (^_^).

* Reclaiming the word "Love"
* Jesus and the Kool-Aid Man
* Sca[r]y Movies


I also enjoy the music at The Rock. As I've said a bazillion times at this point, I really feel God speak to me through music. It was the warm welcoming at The Rock paired with the music and the message from Pastor Kirk that got me hooked. I decided to watch a few videos of their music while I was on YouTube. I wish there were more to really give you the feel of the atmosphere there, but still...check these out!

* Livin' On A Prayer
* Airplanes


Well folks, I know this page is mostly just links...but they're all worth checking out :). Hope everyone had a good New Year's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment